FunKey: Key to Agarics, an interactive key and information system for the genera of agarics occurring in Australia.
Agarics are the gilled fungi, colloquially referred to as mushrooms and toadstools.
With FunKey you will be able to:
- Use an interactive key to quickly and accurately identify any of the 112 genera of agarics (under 159 taxa) reliably reported from Australia, from fresh or dried material;
- Learn about characters from an extensive Introduction to characters that includes methods of examination techniques;
- Understand the classification and arrangement of taxa from the Introduction to taxa, with detailed information also provided on Taxon Circumscription;
- Access hundreds of illustrated fact sheets on individual character states of the 115 characters used in the key;
- Access a fact sheet for each of the 159 taxa, including a description, notes on distribution, ecology and classification, along with a list of Australian species and a compilation of relevant references;
- Navigate quickly between taxa in the fact sheets using hyperlinks;
- View photographs of fruit-bodies and microscopic characters (for many genera), both from within the interactive key and also in the individual Taxon fact sheets;
- Follow up lists of references to further illustrations and other information on each Taxon fact sheet, and also in a combined bibliography of References;
- Consult a comprehensive Glossary of terms;
- Consult notes on agaric genera doubtfully recorded from Australia; and
- Find out who created FunKey and how the data were compiled.
Authors: Tom May, Kevin Thiele, Christopher Dunk & Simon Lewis
Product Type: USB 2.0 Key
The Java Runtime Environment is required for FunKey to operate. Java can be obtained free of charge from www.java.com.
- Windows 8 (Desktop)
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
RAM: 128 MB; 64 MB for Windows XP (32-bit)
Disk space: 124 MB
Browsers: Internet Explorer 7.0 and above, Firefox 3.6 and above, Chrome
Mac OS X
- Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or later.
- Administrator privileges for installation
- 64-bit browser
A 64-bit browser (Safari or Firefox, for example) is required to run Java 7 on Mac OS X. 32-bit browsers such as Chrome do not support Java 7 on the Mac platform.
- Oracle Linux 5.5+
- Oracle Linux 6.x (32-bit), 6.x (64-bit)*
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5+, 6.x (32-bit), 6.x (64-bit)*
- Ubuntu Linux 10.04 and above
- Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2, 11.x
Browsers: Firefox 3.6 and above
*Only 64-bit JVM is certified by Oracle to run.